Thursday, May 27, 2010

" I AM SPECIAL "

A student of mine once told me that he was "no one special" That left me dumbstruck. I was so moved by this statement that I was determined to do something to change his perception.
This child had a very low self esteem but knowing that each child has their own personal treasure hidden somewhere in their souls, my goal was to tap it out ever so gently without making him feel pressurized.

Our class was practicing a drama and to this student's utter surprise, he was given the lead role. I do not exxagerate, but he wowed the audience with his performance. He was funny, brave and simply amazing.

To this day, when he is in the mood, and happens to meet me along the corridors, he tells me with a wink " Miss I know I'm special!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and comment!